Competitors will be granted courtesy of the course as arranged with the Host Clubs and advised in the Instructions for Competitors.
PRELIMINARY ROUNDS (18 Holes) FOR THE
SEVENTH DIVISION TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
There will be two venues. Each Club not otherwise eligible to play in the 7th Division Team Championship and wishing to enter, will be allocated a venue in accordance with its location on a North/South basis. Clubs in the North of the County are deemed to be those affiliated to the Yorkshire Union of Golf Clubs within the District Unions of Teesside, East Riding, Harrogate, Leeds and York. Clubs in the South of the County are deemed to be all those affiliated to the Yorkshire Union of Golf Clubs within the District Unions of Bradford, Halifax/Huddersfield and Sheffield.
Should the entry for either or both venues exceed 42 Clubs, the players in each team will be reduced from 4 to 3. The first six teams from each venue will be eligible to play in the 7th Division Team Championship at Low Laithes Golf Club on Wednesday 25th April 2012. Prizes will be provided by the Union.
Clubs are asked to note that in the Preliminary Rounds the aggregate of the Handicaps of a Four Man Team should not exceed FORTY (40) STROKES and that of a Three Man Team THIRTY (30) STROKES.
WEDNESDAY 25th April 2012
SEVENTH DIVISION TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
The Clubs eligible to compete are:
a) Wilton, South Leeds, Middlesbrough, Crookhill Park, Bawtry Hanging Heaton.
. (These were the relegated teams from the 6th Division T.C. of 2011.)
b) The First Six Teams from the Preliminary Round North.
c) The First Six Teams from the Preliminary Round South.
Any Clubs not mentioned above (except the 12 Clubs which remain in each of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th Divisions of 2011) may enter for the Preliminary Rounds, subject to their complying with the above Handicap Ruling.
ENTRY FEE £80 PER TEAM
CLUBS ARE ENTITLED TO ENTER ONE TEAM ONLY
36 Holes by Stroke Play – Roger Brook Quaiche & Mementos
Individual Prizes for:
Best 36 Hole Score, Best First Round, Best Second Round.
NO COMPETITOR MAY TAKE MORE THAN ONE PRIZE.
No entries will be accepted later than 1st March 2012.Click for an Entry Form
- All Team entries must be made by the Secretary of the competing Club and forwarded by him/her on the official entry form to THE SECRETARY, YORKSHIRE UNION OF GOLF CLUBS, TO REACH HIM NOT LATER THAN 1st MARCH 2012. Entry Fee £80 per TEAM.
- The Seventh Division Team Championship will be open to Teams of Four Players who are bona-fide members of Clubs in the Union who are qualified. To be eligible to compete in Union Competitions or Matches, a player (a) must be of Amateur Status as defined by the R & A Rules Ltd (b) must be a member of an affiliated Club in the County Union. (c)Entries cannot be accepted from players who are unable to comply with the County's Rules & Regulation 26c.( Representing another County at golf or playing in their Championship in the previous calendar year)
- It will be obligatory for all Competitors in the Championship to play with a ball which is named on the current R & A List of Conforming Golf Balls. Copies of this list will be available at the course.
- Competing Clubs will be advised of the draw by post and in the Press.
- Competitors shall start at the time laid down by the committee, RULE 6-3.
- In the event of a tie or ties in the Preliminary Rounds, this shall be settled in accordance with the Competitions Rules of the YUGC, i.e. for the last qualifying position, on the Team aggregate for the last 9,6,3 or 1 holes in that order.
- In the event of a tie in the Seventh Division Team Championship, this shall be settled in accordance with the Competition Rules of the YUGC, i.e. for the first place and the last qualifying position, on the Team aggregate for the last 18, 9, 6, 3 or 1 hole in that order.
- Ties in the Individual Competition will be decided as follows: For the 36 holes aggregate prize on the last 18, 9, 6, 3 or 1 holes in that order, and for all 18 holes prizes on the last 9, 6, 3, or 1 holes in that order.
- All disputes relating to the Team Competitions shall be referred to the Championship Committee of the YUGC, whose decision shall be final.
- Competitors must be prepared to produce a Certificate of Handicap from their Secretary if required.
- The Championship shall be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf of R & A Rules Ltd and such Local Rules as shall be approved by the Championship Committee.
- The decision of the Executive Committee as to the acceptance or refusal of any entry shall be final.
- A Competitor shall not knowingly make use of any drug to enhance his performance. In this respect the attention of Competitors is drawn to the proscribed list of drugs issued by the Sports Council, a copy of which is available on request. Any Competitor infringing this decision, or if asked to do so, refusing to take a test, may be disqualified.
- Members of the Competing Teams will be granted courtesy of the course on the appropriate dates.
- Subject to the agreement of the Host Club, a competitor will be granted the use of a motorized golf buggy (should one be available) only upon the production of a medical certificate stating disability. Such a vehicle would be for the use of that competitor only.
- Distance-Measuring Devices: In all Yorkshire County Championships, Matches and Meetings a player may obtain distance information by using a device that measures distance only. If, during a stipulated round, a player uses a distance-measuring device that is also designed to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect his play (e.g. gradient, wind speed, temperature,etc.) the player is in breach of Rule 14-3, for which the penalty is disqualification, regardless of whether any such additional function is actually used. .
All enquiries, communications to:
KEITH H DOWSWELL, Honorary Secretary, YUGC, 33 George Street, Wakefield WF1 1LX.
Tel: 01924 383869 Fax: 01924 383634 E-Mail: