Entry Fee £35. Handicap Limit 20 Entries close Monday 13th May 2013
Rules of the Yorkshire Seniors' Amateur Championship
The County's General Competition Rules are listed on pages 7 to 11 of the Year Book
To be retained by the Competitor
1. It will be obligatory for all Competitors to play with a ball which is named on the current R & A List of conforming Golf Balls. Copies of which will be available at the venue.
2. The Championship shall be open to any Amateur Member of a Club affiliated to the County Union who:
(a) Has reached the age of 55 on the 17th June 2013.
(b) Is in possession of a Playing Handicap not exceeding 20 which has been ratified or accepted by the Union, and is not under suspension at the time of entry.
(c) Entries cannot be accepted from players who are unable to comply with the County's Rule & Regulation 26c.( Representing another County at golf or playing in their Championship in the previous calendar year)
In the event of entries exceeding 165 there will be a ballot of the higher Handicap entrants.
3. The Competition shall be by Stroke Play from Scratch over 36 holes, and will be played by two separate rounds of 18 holes, one round being played on Monday 17th June and the other on Tuesday 18th June, the player returning the lowest aggregate score being the winner. In the event of a tie for the Championship the Trophy shall be held jointly.
Running concurrently with the Championship there will be a Stroke Play Competition from Scratch for four age groups: 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 and over.
4. Competitors shall start at the time laid down by the Committee, Rule 6-3.
5. The Championship shall be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf as approved by the R & A Rules Ltd and such Local Rules as shall be approved by the Executive Committee.
6. The Seniors' Trophy shall be held for one year by the winner. Prizes will be awarded to the Winner, the Runner-up, the best score in the First Round, and the best score in the Second Round. The leading Player aged 65 or over will become the Veterans' Champion and will be awarded the Denham Salver. In the Age Group Competition First and Second Prizes will be awarded in each Group for the leading 36 hole scores and for the best 18 hole score on each day. Ties for prizes other than the Championship will be decided in accordance with Regulation 29 of the Rules and Regulations of the Yorkshire Union of Golf Clubs. N.B. No player shall take more than one prize.
7. The Championship Committee, whose decision shall be final, shall settle all disputes and other matters relating to the Championship.
8. A Competitor shall not knowingly make use of any drug to enhance his performance. In this respect the attention of Competitors is drawn to the proscribed list of drugs issued by the Sports Council, a copy of which is available on request. Any Competitor infringing this condition, or if asked to do so, refusing to take a test, may be disqualified.
9. Entries on the official form and accompanied by the Entry Fee of £35 per entrant should be sent to the Honorary Secretary, YUGC, 33 George Street, Wakefield WF1 1LX, to reach him NOT LATER THAN MONDAY 13th May 2013.
10.Subject to the agreement of the Host Club, a competitor will be granted the use of a motorised golf buggy (should one be available) only upon the production of a medical certificate stating disability. Such a vehicle would be for the use of that competitor only.
11. Distance-Measuring Devices: In all Yorkshire County Championships, Matches and Meetings a player may obtain distance information by using a device that measures distance only. If, during a stipulated round, a player uses a distance-measuring device that is also designed to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect his play (e.g. gradient, wind speed, temperature,etc.) the player is in breach of Rule 14-3, for which the penalty is disqualification, regardless of whether any such additional function is actually used.
|33 George Street
Wakefield WF1 1LX
Telephone 01924 383869